Monday, April 25, 2005

Tamil Movie Chandramukhi - Review

What the heck was that?

"lakka lakka lakka lakka lakka" :-O

huh. Honestly I was very disappointed with this movie. This is not at all a Rajinikanth movie. The screenplay was bad and direction was even bad. Vasu's earlier Rajini movies Panakkaran, Uzhaippali and Mannan were all super hits and I liked them. Particularly Mannan very much. But this one was no where near those movies. You can't say who is hero and who is heroine. So many casts and all come and go for a while and it looked like a stage drama than a movie. Definitely not a Rajini movie. He is definitely not a super star in this movie. Just an ordinary star. The songs were also not good. Except 2 songs the rest were below average. In my eyes, this looks like a telugu masala movie.

Rajnikanth's unique selling points are his Domination, Style, Punch dialogues, Formidable opponent and none of them were present in this movie.

Why is Sachin, Sehwag and Afridi famous? They are aggressive on the field.
Why is Shoaib Akthar famous? He bowls damn fast.
They are successful because of the unique talent they have.

Rajini's success formula unique to him alone are his Domination, Style, Punch dialogues, Formidable opponent. He has to stick to that.
I can understand that he did not want to give any political message or something like that in the movie. But still he could have done a Mannan, Annamalai or Baasha.
If he wanted to do a comedy, he could have done a 'Thillu Mullu'.

If Chandramukhi was an experiment, in my eyes, the experiment failed.

After reading the reviews and seeing the movie myself I said to myself 'This looks like a Visu movie'. One of my friend told that Visu could have done the role Rajini did in this movie. I agree with her.

The most funny scene I liked in the movie was where Vadivelu, wandering alone in the Ghost Palace saying 'Mapillai... mapillai... maappu... ada vechitaangaya aappu'. That was hilarious.

After watching the movie I asked few people in the theater what they felt. They said it was ok, they liked the movie. Some said it was better than Baba. But I did not like it.
May be it's just me.

I hate the wire-Fu stunts in such movies. It is so artificial.

After watching Chandramukhi I came home and turned on Sun TV. Baasha was running. Now, that's what I call a Super Star Rajini movie. He kicks ass.

5 Comments:

At 1:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Telugu song tops Tamil music charts

 
At 7:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Think Vimal is Loosu, he says, CM is not good, but the movie is making magic in collection, magic in croud etc......

Sorry Vimal you have a weak time and very poor judgement capacity, you stop commenting moview, because you are fit for nothing

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger vimal said...

Anonymous,

I know Iam fit for nothing. That's why I started my blog so I can post all rubbish.

Iam sorry you ended up reading my blog and wasted your time.

(NOTE :
'Veedu' made by Balumahendra,
'Hey Ram' made by Kamal Haasan,
'Kamaraj',
'Aaydha Ezhuthu'....

and so many other movies, were really excellent movies, but I don't think they attracted crowd as much as Chandramukhi. (Even my parents are planning to go to Chandramukhi, and I don't think they have seen 'Kamaraj')

Crowd pulling doesn't necessarily translate to Good Movies.)

I think you are one pissed off Rajni fan. If so, let me tell you something. Iam a big fan of Rajni too. I want to see Rajni in movies like Thillu Mullu, Mannan, Annamalai, Baasha, Padayappa. I even own those DVDs.

 
At 2:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi i am not here to say any negative comments about vimal because i believe everyone has their own opinion nad we all think differently which is what makes us unique.
But in my mind CM was a thrilling movie, like suspense movie. Yes i agree rajani kanth was not himself, but you can't put the whole movie down just because rajani kanth didn't act in his own unique way.
CM is a one of a kind movie, that isn't focused on the love between two characters in the movie. As i said before it was a suspense filled movie that really is a shocker when you find out jyothika is chandramukhi.
The songs could've been better thought except for ra raa... which i enjoyed very much.
~do not wish to put my name~

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger Raj said...

It's the remake of the Malayalam movie Manichitrathazhu.
BPO work from home

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home